Wednesday, August 6, 2008

We have a yard.



Last Thursday we ordered sod. We asked them to deliver it in the afternoon but it came at 9 am. Dan was at work pouring concrete. I decided I better get started because I didn't want it sitting in the hot sun all day long. I called a young man in our ward and asked him if I could hire him to help me. He agreed and I asked him if he would like to bring a friend. He rounded up a friend and came over. My Dad, Maddy and Emily helped too. We finished everything except the strip between the road and the sidewalk. Dan had not prepped that yet. It took us about 4 hours. I went to pay my young men that had saved my life and they would not except payment. I was so very grateful for their help and their generosity. I could not of done it without them.
When Dan drove up around 3 pm he was shocked. It was a good thing that I did it because that particular concrete pour was very difficult and my sweet husband was wiped out. He tries to be superman and most of the time he pulls it off very well. It felt so wonderful to be able to help him in a way that I normally can't. It doesn't matter how hard I try I can't keep up with him when it comes to physical labor. I don't know many people who can. He is amazing! I could gush all day about how much I love Dan and how able he is.
I am so thrilled to have a yard. I will work on the flower beds in the spring and hopefully we can start prepping the back yard then too.

3 comments:

J.J. said...

It looks so beautiful, I love the layout and all the planters.
I didn't know you did most of it your self, I'm sure Dan was very surprised and loved it!

Kelli said...

Hi Annie. Your home is beautiful. You did a great job on the sod laying. I'm sure Dan was overjoyed when he got home. I'm glad you are up and blogging again, it's fun keeping in touch.

Shay said...

What a beautiful house!!!!