Monday, September 8, 2008

What's going on!

Since school started I have been very busy. I love summer because it is busy in a different way. You get to do fun things and go places. Now we are busy with homework, field trips, helping in class, and ofcourse working in general for the company.

Emily and I went on a field trip to the Timpanogos Story Telling Festival. I went 2 years ago with Maddy and it was great. This year was also wonderful. This is one field trip that I love to go on. We had 29 kids between the teacher and I. It was a little crazy but we still had a ton of fun. Emily's teacher is really cute. She is around my age and not married yet. She is dating a guy pretty seriously and it is so fun to talk to her about it. She is so excited and thinks that their may be a perposal in the near future. I want her to get married but I hope she can stay and finish the school year. She is really a great teacher.

I took Ben to kindergarten and he sat down in his chair and forgot to even say goodbye. I went over to him and said goodbye and made him kiss me. He did not like that very much. Now he kisses me before he leaves the house and walks to school with his big sisters.

It is very quiet when they leave. Luckly I have been very busy and have not fully realized how quiet it is. I am sure next year will even be worse. I do like the time to get things done but the hard part is knowing that I am entering a new phase in my life. Will all of you with little ones hug them extra tight for me? Please.

My friend Rebecca and I went to the temple last week. It was so nice. We had to wait for 50 minutes before we were able to get into our session. I really enjoyed sitting quietly with nothing to do but ponder things. After our session, I stopped to put names on the prayer roll and I always put all the members of mine and Dan's family. I got out to the car and checked my phone. Dan had called and left a message saying Jim had cut his finger really badly. I was really glad I had just put his name on the prayer role.

My mom's house is almost all framed in. We went down there today and they were swinging trusses. It is so fun to see a house come together. She is having fun picking colors and deciding what she wants where.

Next week we are going to Disneyland. I am so excited to take the kids. They have never been. I have not been since I was 5 and Dan was 6 the last time he went. I am nervous to take them out of school for an entire week. Especially Ben, he is learning so much right now. I figure that this time spent with our family making memories will be much better spent and we can make up work missed when we get home.

Ben comes home from school almost every day and I ask him what he learned, I get the normal answer "nothing". A coupld hours later he will remember something and come and tell me. I have enjoyed this so much. He is learning songs and new words every day. He will only sing them to me when he knows no one else is around. He is so much fun.

I have to share two other stories about Ben. He came home last Friday and I asked him how his day was. He said, "Not so good." I ofcourse asked him why and he told me that they were playing baseball and another kid stole his base. I asked him more about it and tried to explain to him that steeling bases is part of the game. He just was not going to accept that. I will try again when he is older. I laughed about it later when he was not around. It was cute.

He also told me that he was sad because it was his last day of school. I thought why is he upset about the weekend. After talking to him for a couple more minutes I realized he thought that kindergarten was over. It was again SO SO CUTE! I explained to him that he just had Saturday and Sunday off and then he would return to kindergarten. He was really happy to hear that. I can't complain about my kids not wanting to go to school. They all love it.

Maddy told us she learned the funnest game ever and was really excited to teach us. She said "OK it is called kick the can." She was a little dissapointed when we told her we used to play it.

Emily is loving cursive. She comes home every day telling me what letter she learned and if it is easy or hard.

I guess I have gushed enough about my kids. I will be sure to blog when we get back from Disneyland.

2 comments:

J.J. said...

You have been a busy mom! I am so excited for you all to go to Disneyland, that is one of my favorite places to go with my kids. Have lots of fun and can't wait to hear how it all went.

Ang said...

I can't believe how old your kids are getting, that is exciting and fun! I wish I could see them more, they are so cute!