The kids were out of school for fall break this week. We went to IKEA for the first time on Thursday. It was so much fun. We bought some bookshelves for our office. I love them!! We fed our entire family for $8.00. That is totally awesome, if you like hot dogs. We had a fun day putting the shelves together and hanging out.
Friday we went to Spring City were my mom and dad are going to live. They needed some help getting wood for the wood burning stove. We went up the canyon behind their house. It is super close and was so beautiful. The weather was perfect. As you can tell I don't have any pictures because we forgot the camera. The kids were troopers. I used to go get wood when I was a kid and I remember how hard and horrible it was. Funny thing is it is still hard but I enjoy it so very much.
We cooked dutch oven and tried to make chicken and dumplings. It was an experiment and it tasted really good. I am anxious to try it again and improve it.
We spent the night at their property in a trailer. Dan and I started out sleeping in one spot together and in about 5 minutes Dan was fast asleep and kicking me out of our tiny bed. I moved and the rest of the night was much better.
Saturday we went to get another load of wood. I love the mountains. The air is so clean and it is so peaceful. Dan and I wanted to get another load but everyone else was pooped out. I was pretty sore when I got home so it is a good thing we didn't get another load. That is the kind of exercise I love. It is accomplishing two things at once.
When we got home on Saturday the kids helped me clean the car. They did a fabulous job. I got in the car this morning and the windows were so clean I thought they were rolled down.
Dan finished the shelves and they are so beautiful. I had fun decorating them. I love long weekends. This one was perfect.
6 years ago
.jpg)
6 comments:
Sounds like fun, I love long weekends too, they are the best!
I like Ikea's bookshelves, I can't wait to see them. Sounds like you had a fun time together as a family, those are always the best.
I'm sure the mountains were georgous with all of the fall colors.
Annie you need to put up another blog! You promised Ben and I :)
October is an awfully long time ago...
Hey when are you going to post again?
Annie how are you? Your blog is to cute!! Post some more pictures so I can see the Fam!! Have a great day!!
Post a Comment