The plans for St. George were:
Builder Conference on Friday
Friday night movie and a great dinner
Saturday morning parade of homes
Saturday afternoon a session at the Temple
Saturday evening a couples massage at a 5 star spa then another fabulous meal and late
movie
What actually happened:
Friday Dan made it to half of the builder conference and took me to insta care to see why I
had such a high fever and found out I had strep
Saturday we came home.
Today is our anniversary and we are here at home with snow. YUK YUK YUK
This is not a rosy happy fun loving blog story, but instead it is a dose of reality that we all get sometimes. I guess I am grateful that we traveled safely.
My kids had a blast at Grandma's. My Mom had fresh cupcakes with cream cheese inside ready for us when we dropped the kids off. They made some delicious treat with pretzels and rolos. They taught Maddy and Emily how to drive the 4 wheeler. Ben found a rabbit graveyard and dug up all the bones and they watched a bunch of Ma and Pa Kettle movies. They had a blast and were disappointed when we showed up early to take them home.
I am feeling a little better today and at least my fever is gone. That was miserable. Strange thing is I didn't have a soar throat. I guess it happens.
I truly hope everyone else's weekend was better than ours.
6 years ago
.jpg)
3 comments:
I am so sorry- what a bummer! I have learned that attitude is everything when it comes to things not going so swell. It's alot worse when I don't look at my blessings or the silver lining. I think you did a good job of that!
p.s. You have a beautiful family!
What a weekend! Sorry the plans didn't work out so well. I guess that's life...bummer! Hope you get feeling better!
So sorry you came down with step throat, that is no fun at all. We missed you and your family.
Post a Comment