Monday, July 21, 2008

What we have been up to this summer

We camped at Yuba the middle of May. There was hardly anyone there. The weather was wonderful. We had a great time. Dan put a huge tumble weed on the fire and we almost burnt the entire place up. No, but it was a little crazy for a minute. I don't think he will do that again. Ben told me to make sure that we bring more than one bag of marshmallows the next time we come. It was fun.

Ben graduated from preschool. Yeah for Ben! I can't tell if he is excited or not for kindergarten. I think that he just does not know what to expect yet. I know he needs something to keep him busy because he gets to bored at home and then he gets into trouble.

My Grandma passed away the end of May and so we went to Fallon for the funeral. My Mom and her siblings planned a great tribute to my Grandma. It was nice to reminisce and see family. We will miss Grandma.

While we were in Fallon the kids got to ride princess. Casey, my cousin, was so nice to take my kids for rides.
The girls were in a show choir for 2 weeks. They learned a dance routine and some songs. They really enjoyed this. Ben took an art class and made some great art work. Our community offers this art program every summer. I love it. It gives the kids an opportunity to try new things and keeps them busy for a little while.

We went to Yuba again with Dan's family. I forgot the camera so we don't have any pictures of that trip. It was fun to get together with everyone for a day at the lake.

My friends and I went to Yuba again. If you can't tell we really like to go to Yuba. Last year I asked a bunch of people to go with me for the day. We had so much fun that we decided we better do it again. I think we might have created a tradition. We had a great turn out this year. We had 7 women and 28 kids between all of us. It was a wonderful day. The weather was a little windy but we had fun anyway.

Happy Birthday Emily! Emily turned 8 this year. She is going to be baptized in August.


The last week of June and first part of July we had swimming lessons. The kids have taken from Debbie for 3 years now. They love her and so do I . Maddy has learned so many strokes and she is very good at the breast stroke. Emily is a speedy freestyle swimmer. Ben is very good at wiggling on his back. I feel like they are good, safe swimmers.
Well I think that catches you up to date. We have a crazy couple of weeks coming up. It will be nice when we hit mid August. Things should hopefully go back to normal speed by then. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer.






1 comment:

Shay said...

Sounds like you are having a busy and fun summer. I've never been to Yuba...I feel like I've missed out with all the fun you have there. I'm so glad you are back to blogging...I missed seeing you and your family!